The first question to consider when planning your new home is whether to work with a production builder or custom home builder. A great home can be delivered to you with the excellent options provided by both types of builders.
The home designs and choices are the deciding factors that could influence your choice. Choosing between production or custom home Maryborough builders becomes simple if you know their differences.
Simultaneously built homes with a variety of floor plans with limited personalised options are handled by production builders. One-of-a-kind home designs built on a single lot area is the typical job description of a custom home builder.
Custom Home Builders
Aptly named, custom builders build a less scripted home to include:
- Your home can be built on land you’ve acquired or land you own
- You can commission specific floor plans or supply a floor plan
- You can work separately with a builder and architect or you can go with a design-build company that offers both construction and architectural services
- You can make any decision on the design of the home and more involved in the process
- You can choose any product within the range of your budget
The process of Custom Home Building
Building a custom home will cost more than going for the production home type of the same size and floor plan.
Contrary to popular belief, custom homes are not only pictured as expensive and large models. It can be a simple-styled home with a more elaborate design to fit your lifestyle.
You can work with an architect to design your home or supply your floor plan. You get to work closely with your selected builder using the details you have in mind. These details can include the exact placement of your windows to get the best views or a floor plan that includes existing trees on your property.
There is no limit to the choices in a custom home except perhaps the budget. The key to this is to stick to a realistic budget.
Production Home Builders
Most production home builders’ services include:
- Package deals of home and land
- Provides a variety of home plans to choose from
- Presents a menu of several product categories and allow you to choose your favourite design/style from it
- Provides home prices for luxury, first-time, and move-up buyers
The process of Production Home Building
Less expense for the same size home can be usually delivered by a production builder. The volume purchase of both land and materials is the reason behind the cheaper price.
The big strategy tool used by production builders is purchasing the right kind of land. Huge and master-planned communities are the plans involved in the construction of homes.
An appealing mix of homes provides a big advantage to the production home building. This presents buyers multiple choices of home floor plans and models to choose from. The placement of gables and windows and the shape and size of the porch can be changed to make a home different from their next neighbour.
Both custom home and production builders offer many advantages. Choosing between them depends on your wants and budget. Ask for referrals regarding Maryborough builders and read reviews to help you choose the best one.